I got my Garmin GPS watch - the Forerunner 110! It was on sale on amazon.com for $40 less than retail price (it may still be on sale!). It's much simpler to use than Joel's Forerunner 405. It is also less bulky. It's pretty neat because you can upload your runs to garminconnect.com, and it tells you just about everything you want to know about it! Check out this screencap from my run on Sept 24.
1.
September 24, 2011, Saturday
7:30 am
3 miles (measured using my awesome new watch!)
31:52, 10:38 pace
My normal Sunday morning run was pushed ahead to Saturday because I was going to my cousin's bachelorette party that night and knew that I would not be able to wake up the next morning to run.
I didn't stop at all and felt pretty good. I pushed myself to move up that hill at the end!
+++
2.
October 1, 2011, Saturday
7:50 am
3 miles
31:00, 10:21 pace
Another Saturday morning run. My cousin's wedding was that afternoon and with an open bar reception, I knew that I definitely would not get up early, let alone go running the following Sunday!
It was not the usual course, as I started a little further down the hill than where we normally park (the pull-off where we usually park was full, so I went to the next one down).
It was SO COLD!! 56 degrees that morning and it there was a light drizzle in the beginning. The downhill in the beginning was brisk, but after the first mile, my body warmed up and I was fine.

No comments:
Post a Comment