![]() |
| At the Rock 'n' Roll Expo - the Brooks photo booth |
Only one more day until the Rock 'n' Roll Half!!!
I'm beyond excited... I'm really tired. haha Just so exhausted from running around and doing Halloween stuff and baking and making various foods and trying to get all my normal work done. I only ran one day this week - an easy 3 miles around the neighborhood. I was going to push myself to get out at lunch and do another quick 3, but it would have been pushing it with time and work. I hope the taper helped!
I just realized I have not updated since the October 1! It's been a whole month. It has been a busy month... my sister's wedding, lots of traveling, lots of trying to get runs in... I did manage to do my new PDR - a training run of 12 miles... at a pretty decent pace. Which surprised me because I drank the day before and I ran on a sore leg - which I know I probably shouldn't have, but I did anyway and am alive to live about it. Which is why I have not done so much during the taper. That 12 was 2 weeks ago. It was also the same week that I had another FIRST... my first road rash! I tripped on a 6 mile run the Thursday before we did the 12 miles. I don't know what I tripped on because I run that route 2-3 times a week. I think my legs were just tired and I was just not feeling it that morning. My right palm and both knees ended up with scrapes. The scrapes on my right knee and palm ended up getting infected so I had to go to urgent care to get antibiotics. The scars have scabbed and are not so gross looking now. I have progression photos, but I don't think anyone would want to see them. haha
Anyway, I would LOVE to write a review on my first big race Expo and everything else that has been going on, but I am so damn tired. Hopefully I will update soon... I actually NEED to because next week I'll be giving away a race entry to the Color Vibe 5k in Savannah!
The next time I update this blog, I will be an official HALF-MARATHONER! :)

Good Luck!!!
ReplyDelete