Happy New Year!
2012 was an awesome year! I met some really awesome new friends and I ran the most miles EVAR in this one year than I have from 2006 through 2011 combined! Here is an overview of my year from Daily Mile:
I think this mileage report includes walking and rowing, though.
As far as 2013 goals, I would love to hit 700 running miles this year. I would also like to slim down to 120 lbs. Or maybe 125 lbs - with lots of muscle. I also want to get faster on my half marathon time, hopefully break 2:10 this year. I don't have many opportunities to do it, so I need to work all year on this one.
I started a diet mid December (during my break from running) called the 17 Day Diet and successfully lost 7 lbs in the first 17 days. But then I fell off the wagon and deviated from the diet a bit and now I'm back up 2 lbs. I think if I just continue to use the diet plan as a guide and not eat like a ravneous college kid, I will be fine. I have already cut out one of my favorite foods (pasta) and do not crave it. I'm eating more veggies and drinking more water and green tea. I don't think I'm quite at "clean eating" status, nor will I ever be, but I can live with that. I have to take this one step at a time. I really never have tried a diet plan until this one and I've gotten great results, so I might have to stick with it!
I really want to do a write up on the Bridge Run from December 1, as well as the Pooler Jingle Jog from December 22 (my first 5K pushing a stroller), but it will have to wait. December was such a hectic month with the holidays and my son's birthday (and mine too) and various fundraisers, plus traveling everywhere... ugh. I am glad it is over!
Hope everyone has an AWESOME 2013!!!


You're gonna rock 2013, I just know it!! This is our year! :) Clean eating sounds awesome and I've been trying to eat cleaner meals, but I don't think I could ever be a true "clean eater". I think it's okay to indulge every now and again. But you're right- once you stop eating something, you stop craving it. I'll have to look into the 17 Day Diet. Good luck to you and I'll try to refrain from sending you sweets. :)
ReplyDeleteBTW, love the card!!
I have full confidence that you'll break a 2:10 half! That is my current goal as well but I don't have any plans of running a half anytime soon. Gaining 2 lbs back isn't too bad. At least you didn't gain all of it back. That's what I did. Ha ha. Have you considered using myfitnesspal? It took me awhile to get used to logging my food but it's become second nature to me now, and it's really helping me lose the lbs I'd like. Anyway, I look forward to following your training this year!
ReplyDelete