Just a gal who is getting back into shape after having a baby and pushing myself to achieve personal goals!
Wednesday, January 15, 2014
2014 - PRs, New goals
Happy new year! I have been pretty quiet on here for numerous valid reasons. Big things have happened since my last entry. I'll go through them briefly...
1.
I completed my 2nd Bridge Run Double Pump in December - and beat my time from last year by 8 minutes! Also, our Moms Run This Town group of Wonder Women WON the group costume contest!!!! I've never screamed so loud in my life. The moment we won felt like we had just won the lottery!
2.
I managed to snag a new 5K PR. SUB 25 minutes!! 24:44 at a local race in Savannah at the end of December.
3.
I did my first unassisted [kipping] pullup!!! Felt amazing... now if I can just do two in a row... or a strict unassisted pullup...
4.
I completed my FIRST 25K race at the Rails to Trails Ultra in Savannah earlier this month. I also managed to complete the 25K distance in under 2 and half hours (according to my Garmin). The course itself was long. It also became my new PDR.
5.
I will be running my FIRST MARATHON this year!!! I signed up to run with a charity (Burma Humanitarian Mission) for the Marine Corps Marathon this October... Which means that if I raise $500 by October, I WILL BE ABLE TO RUN THE MCM FO' FREE! No lottery BS to deal with. So why don't you donate? ;) http://www.razoo.com/story/Marine-Corps-Marathon-Jacy
6.
I signed up to be a running buddy for a girl's program called Girls on the Run, which empowers young women (3rd-5th graders) to take charge of their lives and let them know there are no limits! Running is weaved into the program as a motivator to fitness and they will run a 5k at the end of the program! It starts in February.
Some new goals for this year...
1.
Properly train for and complete (without dying) my first marathon.
2.
Spend more time with my family, more time doing art for myself, sign up for less races, and volunteer more of my time into the running community.
3.
Continue to get stronger with crossfit, lift more heavy things and make many strength PRs. Crossfit goals:
Unassisted strict pullup
string 10+ double unders in a row
Perform a handstand push up
More confidence on OLY lifts
4.
Running goals:
1 Mile - sub 7 minutes
5K - 24 minutes or less
10K - 52 minutes or less
:)
Labels:
goals
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You have some great things to be proud of and looks like you have lots to look forward to this year!
ReplyDelete