Sunday, August 21, 2011

3 miles - Wison Bridge Trail

August 21, 2011, Sunday
8:15 am
3 miles - unofficial (was not wearing a watch)
33 minutes (approx.)

It was later than I would have liked to started, but it wasn't bad. I felt great in the beginning, but then there was a charity walk taking place at the National Harbor which went almost the same route as mine. There were lots of clusters of people scatted throughout the trail that I had to maneuver around (the trail is not that wide), so that added to the work involved. It made me feel like I was in a race, even though everyone else was just walking. You know when you pass people, you get that extra pep in your step to make yourself look better and faster. haha

I had to walk for a few steps near the end before the huge hill. It was getting hot at that point and my legs were pretty tired.

It was a good run. I think I am getting a little faster.

In other news, I am still sticking to my no-sweets diet! :)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you're back on the wagon! I'm glad to hear it's going well. I miss ya!

    ReplyDelete