September 10, 2011, Saturday
8:00 am
3.1 miles - USATF certified
official times: 31:21.2 (chip) / 31:38.9 (clock), 10:12 pace
mile 1 - 9:31
mile 2 - 10:12
mile 3 - 10:37
Hilly road course. Lots of zig-zagging in the beginning of the course because the first mile bottlenecked into a narrow road path. Didn't thin out until .5 mile in. I felt good the whole time, and managed to keep a good pace on the uphills. I got tired near the end, but pushed with what I had left nearing the finish line.
I was excited to get some free Chick-Fil-A food post-run, but was let down when all they were giving out were yogurt parfaits and plain bagels with cream cheese. BOO!! Where's my chicken sammich!?! Other than that, it was a good race - a good "breaking-back-in" 5k for me.
More pictures are on the Race Photos tab.

Congrats on a great race! I would be wondering where my chicken sandwich was too! I did get a yummy piece of pizza after my 5k though. :) And what a great picture! The ones of me are not flattering at all! BTW, did you get the new link to my blog?
ReplyDeletehttp://renesrunningadventures.blogspot.com/