Tuesday, September 6, 2011

4 miles - WIlson Bridge Trail

September 5, 2011, Monday
8:17 am
4 miles - unofficial (was not wearing a watch)
46 minutes (approx.)

I improved my time 4 mile time by 4 minutes - the last 4 mile run was in July (50 minutes - approx).

The weather was awesome. It had just rained that night and looked like it was about to rain again: it was cloudy. I took it easy because I knew I hadn't run this distance in a while and I just wanted to be able to complete it, not really pushing myself. I did not have to stop at all, I even tried to pick it up at the hard hill at the end. It also rained a little bit at the end of my 4th mile so that was a nice refresher/pick-me-up.

I will probably do a couple miles at the park tomorrow, and then the 5k is Saturday morning!

Thinking about getting inserts in my shoes, but I don't know if I will have time. I'd like to run in them before the race which means I'd have to get them tonight to use them on my run tomorrow. Maybe next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment