Friday, September 2, 2011

Want This: Garmin GPS Watch

I've been using Joel's Garmin watch when we run at different times. Other times, he's measured a distance while wearing it and told me where to go and that's how I gauge my distance. It's helpful to know how fast I'm going and how long it's taking me, so I need my own!

I used to run with the nike+ sensor/watch which I liked, but the sensor's battery can never be changed, so if it stops working (which it did), you have to buy a new $20 sensor!

I also don't have a swanky smartphone with GPS or running apps to take with me on runs, nor would I really want to run with my phone. So a GPS watch is the way to go!

I found this one on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Garmin-Forerunner-GPS-Enabled-Sport-Monitor/dp/B003JTLKIA/ref=wl_it_dp_o?ie=UTF8&coliid=I2T9HKJXR0YWW3&colid=VFCNZFPAMA45

It also comes in a cuter/girly pink and grey model, but for some reason it is more expensive than this red/black model. This one is $180, the pink one is $188.

It is a women's watch, but they don't have any pics on an actual model, so it is probably bigger than it appears. Joel's watch is pretty big, but not as big and clunky as some of the other GPS watches I have seen.

So...who wants to get me one!? :D I already bought myself a nearly $2000 30th birthday present (which I am still paying for, and my birthday isn't until December), so I can't afford this watch right now. haha

I also need a new mp3 player.... I used to run with a SanDisk clip player - super tiny and awesome, but it decided to stop working after over a year of neglect, as I have recently discovered. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment