![]() |
| My new Brooks Adrenaline GTS (my 3rd pair of these) |
7:50 am (approx)
3.1 miles (via Joel's watch)
? didn't time it, but most likely between 37-43 minutes
This time we parked close to the top of the hill, meaning we had a difficult last mile. The turn-around point wasn't even on the bridge - 1.5 miles out was at the start of the bridge. It was humid and there were no clouds out. I could tell my pace was pretty slow. I didn't stretch well in the beginning, either. I did not have to walk at any time, even on the hard hill at the end, although I was probably going at a walker's pace! haha I wore my new running shoes! No digestive issues after this run, thank goodness, but I did notice a slight knee discomfort at the bottom of my left knee afterward.
At yesterday's free physical therapist consult, the doc said that my knee issues seem like tendinitis. She said that I should work on my leg/hip strengthening. Also to stretch out my calves and shins. She said my feet were flat and that I need a motion control shoe (which my old Brooks are), and possibly an insert to support my lack-of-an-arch. She suggested new shoes - I tried on 3 pairs: New Balance (nah), Brooks (the ones I ended up getting) and Saucony (VERY comfy, but seemed too roomy). I may try the Sauconys next. I can use these for a while and then decide to come back later and get the inserts, which I will probably do. She said that I should not rule out running!
I will see if she is on our insurance. But I might just try the other, closer physical therapist that I already found who is on our network.

Sounds like you're doing great, Jac! Keep at it! I wanna try the bridge with you sometime!
ReplyDelete